From the Etruscans to the Romans to the Renaissance, Tuscany is considerably the greatest source of art in the world, from astonishing paintings and sculptures to frescoes and architectural masterpieces. Below is the list of the 5 most inspiring places our team at HiddenHollidays have come across on our travels around Tuscany;
1. Pisa and the Leaning Tower ‘Piazza Dei Miracoli’ – the field of miracles, dominated by the famous Leaning Tower, Pisa offers its guests an authentic miracle of Romanesque architecture. Faced in gray and white striped marble and bristling with columns and arches, the tower, a masterpiece like no others, rises from an emerald green lawn, and paints a perfect picture. To find out more, click here.
2. Siena & the Val d’Orcia Siena is the ideal destination to base in Tuscany, with medieval streets, historic places and splendid squares, Siena is one of Tuscany’s and Italy’s most captivating and inspiring cities. The Val d’Orcia or Valdorcia, (Home to ‘the Brunello di Montalcino’, counted amongst the prestigious of Italian wines) is a region of Tuscany which extends from the hills south of Siena to Monte Amiata, surrounded by calm, cautiously cultivated hills. This particular landscape has become familiar through its interpretation in works of art from the Renaissance painting to the modern photograph. To find out more, click here.
3. Lake Como (Romantic!) Lake Como, also known as (Lago Lario) is the most spectacular of the lakes, the exquisiteness of the lake is awe-inspiring, stunning vistas’, fantastic waterside Villas and scenic mountains all around. The lake measures up to 120km all up, its squiggly shoreline is scattered with villages, including exquisite Bellagio, on the lakes southern shore. With the amount of admirable restaurants, a romantic dinner over the lake will make your stay unforgettable. To find out more, click here.
4. Florence & the Chianti Wine Region Florence is home to some of the greatest artistic treasures in the world, it holds a delightful skyline made unique by the beautiful cupola. Florence is an endless treasure to discover with buildings such as the Baptistery, the Bargello, the Uffizi, the Accademia & the Library of San Lorenzo is a magnificent exhibition of Michelangelo’s architectural genius. Near Florence sits Chianti, one of the most beautiful area’s in the whole region, the exemplary image of Tuscany, with vines, olive groves, medieval castles, verdant hills and forests make an impressive countryside home to great wines. To find out more, click here.
5. Montecatini Terme In the heart of Tuscany, near Florence, Lucca, Pisa & Viareggio lies the beautiful Montecatini Terme, the biggest luxury spa-town in Italy, what’s better is now the spas offer not only the well-known healing waters but also all the modern relax treatments. Montecantini Terme is a pleasant and peaceful town, reminiscent of bygone days with a huge park in the centre, it involves an elegant wellness centre, high quality shops and mesmerizing bars and restaurants. To find out more, click here.
Hidden Holliday’s is offering a free luxury spa day when you book a Villa this summer, click here to find out more!